- This event has passed.
AFELA Lunch & Learn: The Ins & Outs of Unreimbursed Medical Expenses
May 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
THE INS & OUTS OF UNREIMBURSED MEDICAL EXPENSES (UMEDs)
Presented by Heather Kirson, Esq.
$99 for AFELA Members; $119 for non-AFELA members
1.5 CLE Credits (Certification Credits: 1.5 Elder Law; 1.5 Health Law)
Participants will learn:
- How UMED works with ICP Medicaid Applications – what does it cover- how far back in time may you get coverage under UMED?
- How to properly request UMED on Medicaid application
- How to claim/take the deduction for UMEDs (ESS Manual 0240.0107)
- What to do when DCF does not initially approve the UMED
- How to properly explain UMED to your client. How to properly explain UMED to the nursing home
- Which scenarios may you choose not to utilize UMED
- How to make the distinction between Medicare & Medicare Advantage
- Making use of the COVID-19 stimulus checks or Medicaid recipients (Understanding the special challenges that come from COVID-19)