The Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys is the pre-eminent organization of Florida elder law attorneys providing advocacy, education and action on belalf of seniors and people with disabilities.
In order to be a member of the Florida Chapter, the attorney must also join the National Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys.
CRITERIA FOR NAELA/AFELA MEMBERSHIP
- Membership is open to attorneys and all those who possess a juris doctorate or equivalent degree and are licensed or authorized to practice law under the jurisdiction of any country.
- Full-time law school students at an accredited college or university are eligible for membership during the duration of their studies.
- The attorney renders legal services for the benefit of the elderly and people with disabilities or is in an endeavor which encompasses the legal needs of the elderly and people with disabilities.
- The attorney has an understanding of the aging process and a sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and people with disabilities.
- The attorney is committed to the highest standards of ethics in representing the needs or promoting the welfare of the elderly and people with disabilities.
- The attorney, as a condition of membership, pledges to support the Academy’s Aspirational Standards for the Practice of Elder Law.
- The attorney has a knowledge of the aging network and those services available through other agencies which benefit the elderly and people with disabilities, or wishes to gain such knowledge.
- The attorney has a commitment to positive involvement in the work of the Academy and its purposes.
Please click here for more information on how to join the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) as well as the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA).
REASONS to JOIN NAELA/AFELA
We’ve listed below some reasons that our members love their AFELA/NAELA membership:
- Peer to peer as well as consumer referrals from membership directories
- Involvement in AFELA’s Legislative and Educational Programs
- Access to NAELA publications and NAELA’s Online Education Library
- Opportunities for networking with fellow attorneys across the state and across the county
- Attend member only AFELA Events
- Receive member discounts rates for educational offerings
- Earning continuing legal education credits