Task Force Initiatives
Below, you will see a sampling of issues that the Task Force work on monthly. To be updated on a regular basis, please consider contributing to the Task Force. You may contribute online by clicking here or click here to download a printable Contribution Form.
Receiving this information in a more timely manner is just one benefit you can receive as a Task Force contributor. Thank you very much in advance
** Meetings occur weekly on Thursday mornings from 8am to 9am.
TOP FIVE FROM THE TASK FORCE: APRIL 2018
- Elder Law Section/AFELA proposing Exploitation legislation this session.
- Sponsors: Senator Passidomo and Representative Burton
- Purpose: To obtain a 15 day injunction to temporarily freeze assets when misappropriation or exploitation is suspected.
- Congratulations! Governor signed the exploitation bill and will be effective July 1, 2018.
Attend the May 16th(12pm to 2pm) CLE Webinar. Go to eldersection.org to register.Nuts & Bolts: The New Florida Statute 825.1035
- The 2018-2019 Florida budget as signed by Governor Scott requires AHCA to seek federal approval to allow the state to implement the elimination of RME for non-pregnant adults effective July 1, 2018.
- This is following a trend across the country in which the 90-day retroactive coverage is being minimized or eliminated.
The Constitutional Revision Commission has completed their work and finalized the constitutional amendments that will appear on the November General Election ballot. A chart prepared by the Florida Chamber of Commerce outlining the amendments is below. To review the amendment language, follow this link and place the proposal number in the upper left-hand corner: https://www.flcrc.gov/ .
- Nancy Wright is working with Justice in Aging and three other organizations regarding the issues surrounding access to the HCBS program and the waitlist.
- The organizations are looking to identify 6-8 representatives of a larger class who are at risk of unnecessary institutionalization due to the waitlist.
- If you have a waitlist client who is at risk, please contact Nancy Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although this legislation did not pass this session, it will be back next year.
- The Task Force will have a committee to work on these issues to be prepared for next year and to review and discuss RPPTL’s position.